MILWAUKEE, WI (October 13, 2022) – Summerfest presented by American Family Insurance will celebrate its 55th anniversary in 2023. To commemorate this iconic milestone, the festival announced a few of the upcoming promotions for the anniversary year, along with a new logo highlighting the festival’s 55th.
Since its inception in 1968, Milwaukee World Festival, Inc. (MWF), producer of Summerfest is proud to fulfill its nonprofit mission of bringing the community together and providing a showcase for the performing arts, activities, and recreation to the public, through music and special events.
“55 years of music, food, fun, and unforgettable memories will bring us together as we celebrate Summerfest’s 55th anniversary next year,” said Don Smiley, CEO of Milwaukee World Festival, Inc. “Mayor Henry Maier’s vision of Summerfest has now grown into one of the largest and most diverse music festivals anywhere. We are proud to continue that legacy and look forward to celebrating with our fans, sponsors, and artists in 2023.”
Drawing inspiration from our past, the Summerfest 55th anniversary logo seamlessly ties in key design elements from Summerfest in the 1970s and 80s, along with more recent festival creative. Highlighting traditional colors including yellow, orange, and Summerfest’s iconic red, the warm colors create a summertime feeling, which has resonated throughout the last five decades.
The lineup of Summerfest’s 55th anniversary activities and promotions will include the following:
- Summerfest 55 Happy Hour – from 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. each day of Summerfest 2023, fans can enjoy select Miller products including Miller Lite, Miller High Life, and Coors Light for $5.50.
- Fest Fan of the Past 55 - share your love for Summerfest and why you should be declared the Fest Fan of the past 55.
- Contest will launch February 1, 2023 - fans will be asked to share their favorite memory of Summerfest over the past 55 years.
- Summerfest staff will select the top ten nominations from all online submissions, which will then be reviewed by a celebrity panel of judges. The panel of judges will then vote to determine the winner of the Fest Fan of the Past 55.
- Winner will receive two nine-day power passes, two tickets to a show of their choice at the American Family Insurance Amphitheater during the festival, a Summerfest gift card, and a signed Summerfest memorabilia item. More details will be announced early in 2023.
- Opening Day Celebration - the first 10,000 fans on Summerfest’s opening day, June 22, 2023, will receive a commemorative Summerfest 55 item, which will not be sold in stores.
- Summerfest Business Group Tickets – Celebrate Summerfest’s 55th Anniversary with 55% off Summerfest business group tickets now through October 31. Plus, purchasers will automatically be enrolled in the Summerfest Business Alliance unlocking VIP perks, networking opportunities, and more. For information visit Summerfest Business Alliance.
(More details and activities taking place during Summerfest 55 will be released in the coming months)
Stay tuned for additional details, including the first concert for Summerfest 55, which will be announced on Monday, October 17, 2022.
Visit Summerfest.com for more information.
About Summerfest presented by American Family Insurance
Located in downtown Milwaukee, Summerfest presented by American Family Insurance is one of the most iconic celebrations of music in America, hosting the industry’s biggest acts for an unforgettable live music experience. Since its inception in 1968, Summerfest continues to distinguish itself as a premier national music festival and has developed an unrivaled reputation, consistently featuring hundreds of performances across 12 stages, throughout the 75-acre festival grounds along Lake Michigan. The 2023 edition consists of three weekends (Thursdays – Saturdays) June 22-24, June 29-July 1, and July 6-8, 2023. For the latest information, visit Summerfest.com, or Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok: @Summerfest.
Milwaukee World Festival, Inc., producer of Summerfest, continues to fulfill its nonprofit mission of bringing the community together and providing a showcase for performing arts, activities, and recreation to the public, through music and special events.