MILWAUKEE, WI (January 21, 2021) – Summerfest and American Family Insurance are excited to announce the grant recipients for the 2021 Let The Music Play program. Selected organizations represent non-profits or schools that support youth music programs within Milwaukee County, including virtual programs.
The 2021 Let The Music Play grant recipients include the following schools/organizations:
- Greenfield Bilingual School – funds will support the purchase of instruments, allowing additional students to participate in the band program and allowing each band student to have their own instrument to practice at home.
- Kilbourn School – funds will be utilized to start a new general music program and purchase instruments for the students in Kindergarten – 5th grade, including resonator bells, xylophones, congas, shakers, and rhythm sticks.
- Kluge Elementary School – funds will be used to purchase equipment to improve the delivery of virtual music classes, including recording equipment, a camera, and software.
- Lancaster Elementary School – funds will support the purchase of sheet music, fees for visiting clinicians, piano repair, and more.
- Latino Arts, Inc. – funds will be used for repairs needed to maintain the program’s classical Latino American instruments such as folk guitar, vihuela, and guitarrón.
- Reagan International Baccalaureate High School – funds will be used to better facilitate virtual learning through the purchase of headphones and recording equipment for use by all music departments including choir, band, orchestra, and general music students.
- Monica School – funds will be used to purchase equipment for the general music program, including select instruments, such as xylophones and drums.
Now in its third year, the Let the Music Grant program has supported 18 organizations and hundreds of music students. For more information visit Summerfest.com.
About Summerfest presented by American Family Insurance
Summerfest presented by American Family Insurance has evolved into what is now recognized as “The World’s Largest Music Festival®” and Milwaukee’s cornerstone summer celebration. Summerfest hosts the music industry’s biggest acts, emerging talent and local favorites along with approximately 750,000 fans, for an unforgettable live music experience. The festival got its start one year prior to Woodstock in 1968, and today features over 800 artists along with food, beverages, and activities, all in a world-class festival setting on the shores of Lake Michigan. The 53rd edition of Summerfest is scheduled to take place June 24-26, July 1-3, and July 8-10, 2021. For more details, visit Summerfest’s website, Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
About the American Family Insurance group
Based in Madison, Wisconsin, American Family Insurance has been serving customers since 1927. We inspire, protect and restore dreams through our insurance products, exceptional service from our agency owners and employees, community investment and creative partnerships to address societal challenges. We act on our belief in diversity and inclusion by constantly evolving to meet customer needs and preferences. American Family Insurance group is the nation’s 13th-largest property/casualty insurance group, ranking No. 254 on the Fortune 500 list. The group sells American Family-brand products, primarily through exclusive agency owners in 19 states. The American Family Insurance group also includes CONNECT, powered by American Family Insurance, The General, Homesite and Main Street America. Across these companies the group has more than 13,500 employees nationwide.