MILWAUKEE (May 7, 2015) - Milwaukee World Festival, Inc. officials are excited to launch the brand new Official Summerfest 2015 App presented by Wisconsin Hospitality Group and their local Applebee’s restaurants that literally puts “The World’s Largest Music Festival” right in the palm of festival fans’ hands. To kick off the launch, the first 50,000 downloads and updates prior to June 1 will come with a FREE Weekday Admission E-ticket to Summerfest 2015, delivered via the App. The Summerfest 2015 App is available on IOS and Android platforms for mobile phones and tablets. The App is FREE and available to download today in the App Store or Play Store.
“The Official Summerfest 2015 App is simply the best way to put the Big Gig in the palm of your hand,” said John Boler, Chief Marketing Officer of Milwaukee World Festival, Inc. “We’re encouraging everyone to update their previous Summerfest app or download the new FREE app to access the most up-to-date Summerfest information. The best part of the new app launch is the ‘special thank you gift’ we’ve built in for fans who act quickly. For a limited time, we’re giving away $600,000 in FREE Weekday Admission E-tickets with the first 50,000 downloads or updates. Now, that’s something to smile about!”
The Official Summerfest 2015 App presented by Applebee’s and Wisconsin Hospitality Group has been redesigned with new and improved features that enhance the user experience and content offerings. Among the new and improved features for 2015 is a social wall where fans can upload photos to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram using the hashtag #SF15LIVE. And, fans will never get lost on the way to a show with the new interactive festival grounds map that makes navigation easy (coming soon). The App is designed to provide festival fans with all of the information they need to enjoy their visit to the Big Gig®. The features help users maximize their Summerfest experience in a variety of ways, including:
- Reviewing and filtering the entire 2015 Summerfest lineup by day and stage
- Searching for their favorite bands
- Building their own personalized performer schedule
- Purchasing tickets to Marcus Amphitheater shows during Summerfest
- Receiving custom push notifications before their favorite band takes the stage
- Listening to “Summerfest Radio” powered by Radio League, an online streaming radio station which plays the music of Summerfest’s 2015 headliners
- Staying connected to Summerfest’s social media channels for up-to-date information and to find out how to win tickets and other great prizes
- Sharing their favorite Summerfest moments on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram using the new social wall and the hashtag #SF15LIVE
- Easy navigation through the new interactive festival grounds map (coming soon)
- Learning the best options for Parking and Transportation
- Finding out how to get in FREE or at a reduced cost with Admission Promotions
- Having fun with the virtual Summerfest Photo Booth, which lets users take photos and share them with custom Summerfest photo frames and digital stickers
- Getting information on Food and Beverages, Attractions, Exhibits and Accessibility at Summerfest
- Delivering a FREE Weekday Admission Ticket to the first 50,000 downloads and updates
Wisconsin Hospitality Group and Pizza Hut also make it possible for fans to order pizza through the App! All they have to do is watch for the Pizza Hut ad and click on it to order their favorite pizza for delivery.
The Summerfest 2015 mobile app was concepted and directed by Milwaukee World Festival, Inc. and developed by CrowdTorch, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Cvent, which develops, markets, sells and supports Cvent’s consumer event management solutions. The Austin, TX based company’s clients include the National Cherry Blossom Festival, New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival, Southern Ground Music Festival, LA Times Festival of Books, Discover Orange Bowl and many more.
About Wisconsin Hospitality Group
Wisconsin Hospitality Group owns and operates 119 restaurants across Wisconsin. WHG has grown in sales to become the largest food service franchise company in the state. Headquartered in Waukesha, WHG operates 36 Applebee’s Grill & Bar restaurants and 83 Pizza Hut Restaurants, all committed to guest satisfaction and community support.
Summerfest 2015 will take place June 24 - 28 and June 30 – July 5 from Noon until Midnight and will be closed Monday, June 29. Following its 1968 debut, Summerfest has evolved into what is now recognized as “The World’s Largest Music Festival” and Milwaukee’s cornerstone summer celebration, bringing the music industry’s hottest stars, emerging talent and local favorites along with approximately 900,000 people from Milwaukee and around the world together each year for an unforgettable live music experience. During the festival, the spotlight shines on over 800 acts, over 1,000 performances, 11 stages, delectable food and beverages and interactive activities, all in a world-class festival setting. Patrons can also enjoy Miller Lite, the Official Beer of Summerfest. For more details, visit Summerfest.com, Facebook.com/summerfest or Twitter: @Summerfest.