Transportation and Directions
Security policies - Summerfest encourages guests to leave their bags at home to cut down on waiting at the gate for security. Visitors will enter the festival through metal detection and should be prepared to comply with security requirements. All bags are subject to inspection prior to entering. NO BACKPACKS or bags larger than 9x10x12 will be allowed on the grounds. Read the full security policies in our FAQ section.
Milwaukee County Transit System
Milwaukee County Transit System offers easy options that get you straight to the gates of Summerfest. You are encouraged to purchase a MCTS•CARD in advance.
Freeway Flyers operate from ten Park-Ride lots to the Summerfest Mid Gate. Flyers provide service on weekdays, approximately every 30 minutes from 11:30 am to 5:00 pm, and approximately every 15 minutes from 5:00 pm to 12:30 am. On Saturdays and Sundays service is every 15-20 minutes. Times may be impacted by construction and peak traffic periods. Learn More
MCTS is once again serving the Park-Ride lot near Bayshore Town Center. Parking is available on the 3rd level of the Bayshore Parking Garage off Port Washington Road. Look for signage at the garage entrance. Learn More
Uber To The Fest
- Official Rideshare Provider of Summerfest
- To help concertgoers easily meet their drivers, Uber and Summerfest have teamed up to create a Uber Zone for pickups and drop-offs. The main Uber Zone is located right outside of the Mid Gate at E. Chicago St. & N. Jackson St. Riders can enter the Rider Lounge at Chicago Street.
- To request an Uber ride, Summerfest attendees will need to:
- Exit the Mid Gate and walk west on Chicago Street.
- Open the Uber app · Confirm pickup location · Select preferred vehicle · Tap the “Request” button
- With a lot of movement around the city, here are a couple tips to follow for the smoothest experience.
- You will always be able to see your fare before you accept the trip. We expect the busiest times to be on the weekends or as the headline acts finish up their encore.
- Always check the license plate in your app with the license plate of the vehicle.
- Confirm your name with your driver.
- If you are planning on traveling with a big crew, be sure to order an uberXL our UberSUV which can fit up to six riders comfortably.
Bus Shuttle Services
TRAIN SERVICE TO MILWAUKEE
Amtrak Hiawatha Service
Coming to Summerfest from the Chicago area or Racine/Kenosha? Jam without traffic and take the train! Amtrak Hiawatha Service offers easy access to Summerfest from the Milwaukee Intermodal Station. You can catch the train to the fest from Chicago Union Station, Glenview, and Sturtevant (Racine/Kenosha). Visit Amtrak.com/summerfest for more details, to purchase tickets, and to take advantage of Amtrak’s buy-one-get-one half off ticket offer.
Consult the Amtrak website for the full Hiawatha schedule, including return travel.
The Hop Streetcar
The new streetcar provides an easy, fun and free option for traveling from numerous downtown destinations to Summerfest. Whether arriving in Milwaukee at the Intermodal station or heading down from East Town or the Lower East side, ride The Hop to either Historic Third Ward platform. From there it’s just a 10-minute walk via N. Broadway and E. Chicago St. to the festival’s Mid Gate.
Visit www.thehopmke.com to learn more about Milwaukee’s new streetcar, including route maps, system schedules and real-time arrival information.
The City of Milwaukee’s bike share system. Currently the system has over 30 stations and conveniently serves the Summerfest grounds. Users can check out a bike from any station and check it back in at any other station. For information on station locations and how to borrow a bike, visit bublrbikes.com.