Transportation and Directions
Whether you're coming here by plane, train, boat, car, or bus - it's easy to get to Summerfest. Located in Downtown Milwaukee, we're only a 10-minute drive from Mitchell International Airport. Or about an hour drive (80 mi) straight from O'Hare International Airport.
Milwaukee County Transit System/ Transit Plus
Milwaukee County Transit System offers routes that have stops within a few blocks of Summerfest's North and Mid gates.
Routes near Mid Gate - approximately 0.5 mile walk to the Summerfest Mid Gate
- 15 stops on Water and Chicago Ave.
- 18 stops on Water and Chicago Ave.
- GreenLine stops on Water and Chicago Ave.
Routes near North Gate - approximately 0.5 mile walk to the Summerfest North Gate
- Route 14 stops on Wisconsin & Cass St.
- GoldLine stops on Wisconsin & Cass St.
Milwaukee County's paratransit service will be providing rides to Summerfest, for eligible riders, for $4 each way. Riders should contact their assigned van provider (First Transit - 414-817-9860, or Transit Express at 414-264-7433 ext. 3) to schedule a ride.
Transit Plus riders will be dropped off on Harbor Drive, outside of the Summerfest North Gate. Visit https://www.ridemcts.com/accessibility/transit-plus to find out if you're eligible for Transit Plus.
Rideshare To The Fest
- To help concertgoers easily meet their drivers, Rideshare pickups and drop-offs will be located right outside of the Mid Gate at E. Chicago St. & N. Jackson St. and outside the North Gate at Michigan St near Art Museum Dr.
- With a lot of movement around the city, here are a couple of tips to follow for the smoothest experience.
- You will always be able to see your fare before you accept the trip. We expect the busiest times to be on the weekends or as the headline acts finish up their encore.
- Always check the license plate in your app with the license plate of the vehicle.
- Confirm your name with your driver.
- If you are planning on traveling with a big crew, be sure to order a car that can fit up to six riders comfortably.
TRAIN SERVICE TO MILWAUKEE
Amtrak Hiawatha Service
Coming to Summerfest from the Chicago area or Racine/Kenosha? Jam without traffic and take the train! Amtrak Hiawatha Service offers easy access to Summerfest from the Milwaukee Intermodal Station. You can catch the train to the fest from Chicago Union Station, Glenview, and Sturtevant (Racine/Kenosha). Visit Amtrak.com/summerfest for more details.
Consult the Amtrak website for the full Hiawatha schedule, including return travel.
The Hop Streetcar
The new streetcar provides an easy, fun and free option for traveling from numerous downtown destinations to Summerfest. Whether arriving in Milwaukee at the Intermodal station or heading down from East Town or the Lower East side, ride The Hop to either Historic Third Ward platform. From there it’s just a 10-minute walk via N. Broadway and E. Chicago St. to the festival’s Mid Gate.
Visit www.thehopmke.com to learn more about Milwaukee’s new streetcar, including route maps, system schedules and real-time arrival information.
The City of Milwaukee’s bike share system. Currently the system has over 89 stations and conveniently serves the Summerfest grounds. Users can check out a bike from any station and check it back in at any other station. For information on station locations and how to borrow a bike, visit bublrbikes.org.