Transportation and Directions
Whether you're coming here by plane, train, boat, car, or bus - it's easy to get to Summerfest. Located in Downtown Milwaukee, we're only a 10-minute drive from Mitchell International Airport. Or about an hour drive (80 mi) straight from O'Hare International Airport.
Rideshare To The Fest
- To help concertgoers easily meet their drivers, Rideshare pickups and drop-offs will be located right outside of the Mid Gate at E. Chicago St. & N. Jackson St. and outside the North Gate at Michigan St near Art Museum Dr.
- With a lot of movement around the city, here are a couple of tips to follow for the smoothest experience.
- You will always be able to see your fare before you accept the trip. We expect the busiest times to be on the weekends or as the headline acts finish up their encore.
- Always check the license plate in your app with the license plate of the vehicle.
- Confirm your name with your driver.
- If you are planning on traveling with a big crew, be sure to order a car that can fit up to six riders comfortably.
The Summerfest Shuttle will offer a streamlined and convenient option for fest-goers to get to Summerfest. The bus service will operate during the nine days of the festival, September 2-4, 9-11, 16-18, 2021, beginning at 11:00 a.m., and run continuously throughout the day, approximately every 30 minutes.
The service will not run during the special Wednesday weekend kick-off concerts at the American Family Insurance Amphitheater on September 1, 8, and 15.
Three park and ride lot locations will be utilized during Summerfest and include:
- College Avenue – College Avenue at I-94 (both lots)
- State Fair Park - I-94.S. 76th Street & W. Kearney
- Brown Deer – East Brown Deer Road, west of I-43
The drop off/pick up location at Summerfest is located just west of the Summerfest Mid-Gate.
Round-trip fare is $12. To save time, riders are encouraged to pre-purchase round-trip ride tickets at Summerfest.com, or upon exiting the bus, pay upon arrival at Summerfest. Only debit or credit cards will be accepted. Pre-paid riders must present their online purchase bar code at the Summerfest kiosk to receive the round-trip ride wristband.
Once paid, all bus shuttle passengers will receive a wristband, which is mandatory to show when getting back on the bus to the park and ride lot. If a rider does not have a wristband after leaving Summerfest, they can purchase one for the full-price fare.
Riders are also encouraged to wear masks while riding the Summerfest shuttle.
TRAIN SERVICE TO MILWAUKEE
Amtrak Hiawatha Service
Coming to Summerfest from the Chicago area or Racine/Kenosha? Jam without traffic and take the train! Amtrak Hiawatha Service offers easy access to Summerfest from the Milwaukee Intermodal Station. You can catch the train to the fest from Chicago Union Station, Glenview, and Sturtevant (Racine/Kenosha). Visit Amtrak.com/summerfest for more details.
Consult the Amtrak website for the full Hiawatha schedule, including return travel.
The Hop Streetcar
The new streetcar provides an easy, fun and free option for traveling from numerous downtown destinations to Summerfest. Whether arriving in Milwaukee at the Intermodal station or heading down from East Town or the Lower East side, ride The Hop to either Historic Third Ward platform. From there it’s just a 10-minute walk via N. Broadway and E. Chicago St. to the festival’s Mid Gate.
Visit www.thehopmke.com to learn more about Milwaukee’s new streetcar, including route maps, system schedules and real-time arrival information.
The City of Milwaukee’s bike share system. Currently the system has over 89 stations and conveniently serves the Summerfest grounds. Users can check out a bike from any station and check it back in at any other station. For information on station locations and how to borrow a bike, visit bublrbikes.org.