Transportation and Directions
Whether you're coming here by plane, train, boat, car, or bus - it's easy to get to Summerfest. Located in Downtown Milwaukee, we're only a 10-minute drive from Mitchell International Airport. Or about an hour drive (80 mi) straight from O'Hare International Airport.
Uber To The Fest
- Official Rideshare Provider of Summerfest
- To help concertgoers easily meet their drivers, Uber and Summerfest have teamed up to create a Uber Zone for pickups and drop-offs. The main Uber Zone is located right outside of the Mid Gate at E. Chicago St. & N. Jackson St. Riders can enter the Rider Lounge at Chicago Street.
- To request an Uber ride, Summerfest attendees will need to:
- Exit the Mid Gate and walk west on Chicago Street.
- Open the Uber app · Confirm pickup location · Select preferred vehicle · Tap the “Request” button
- With a lot of movement around the city, here are a couple tips to follow for the smoothest experience.
- You will always be able to see your fare before you accept the trip. We expect the busiest times to be on the weekends or as the headline acts finish up their encore.
- Always check the license plate in your app with the license plate of the vehicle.
- Confirm your name with your driver.
- If you are planning on traveling with a big crew, be sure to order an uberXL our UberSUV which can fit up to six riders comfortably.
TRAIN SERVICE TO MILWAUKEE
Amtrak Hiawatha Service
Coming to Summerfest from the Chicago area or Racine/Kenosha? Jam without traffic and take the train! Amtrak Hiawatha Service offers easy access to Summerfest from the Milwaukee Intermodal Station. You can catch the train to the fest from Chicago Union Station, Glenview, and Sturtevant (Racine/Kenosha). Visit Amtrak.com/summerfest for more details.
Consult the Amtrak website for the full Hiawatha schedule, including return travel.
The Hop Streetcar
The new streetcar provides an easy, fun and free option for traveling from numerous downtown destinations to Summerfest. Whether arriving in Milwaukee at the Intermodal station or heading down from East Town or the Lower East side, ride The Hop to either Historic Third Ward platform. From there it’s just a 10-minute walk via N. Broadway and E. Chicago St. to the festival’s Mid Gate.
Visit www.thehopmke.com to learn more about Milwaukee’s new streetcar, including route maps, system schedules and real-time arrival information.
The City of Milwaukee’s bike share system. Currently the system has over 30 stations and conveniently serves the Summerfest grounds. Users can check out a bike from any station and check it back in at any other station. For information on station locations and how to borrow a bike, visit bublrbikes.com.