American Family Insurance Amphitheater
The Amphitheater today…
Today, the current 23,000-seat American Family Insurance Amphitheater hosts the music industry’s hottest stars during Summerfest. Providing excellent sound, lighting and large video screens, every seat in the house gives fans an unforgettable live music experience. Fans must purchase separate tickets to American Family Insurance Amphitheater shows during Summerfest.
Be the first to get pre-sale codes to Amphitheater shows, access to special deals, and more! Sign up for the Summerfest Insider Newsletter.
T&M Partners & KelBen Foundation
Eppstein Uhen Architects
Gateway Plastics, Inc.
Basic Metals, Inc.
Briggs & Stratton Corporation
Charcoal Grill Restaurants
Enerpac Tool Corporation
First American Title Insurance
Company, National Commercial Service
The Molly and David Fritz Family
The Kathy and Tom Hauske Family
Mike & Lynn Giffhorn
Eric & Carrie Goetsch
Randy & Hope Groth
John & Bonnie Meerschaert
Lori & David Nicholas
Milwaukee Electronics Corp.
Scott & Mary Anne Revolinski
Scott & Michele Welsh
Sarah & Steve Zimmerman
Zurn Industries, a Rexnord Company
A.O. Smith Corporation
Arteaga Construction, Inc.
Briggs & Stratton Corporation
Edward & Pam Caulfield
General Pet Supply, Inc.
House of Harley-Davidson
Joe & Renee Paukner
Laughlin Constable, Inc.
Michelle (Micky) Wilson
Patrick W. Schmidt & Dewey J. Caton
PS Capital Partners, LLC
Redline Plastics, LLC
Dr. Geoffrey Scott and Mrs. Tonya Scott
Steven B & Sini Goodman
Technology Resource Advisors, Inc.
Greg & Lisa Wesley
and many anonymous donors
Become A Donor
Join us in transforming a venue beloved by fans and performers while supporting enhancements to a world-renowned music festival. Please visit our capital campaign site for the American Family Insurance Amphitheater for more information.
As a supporter of the campaign, you will gain access to the ultimate concert experience, including access to concert tickets, hospitality and more.
Grand Opening 2020
The new American Family Insurance Amphitheater will feature a new seating bowl configuration and raised stage to allow for better sightlines, enhanced accessibility, expanded concourses, new video screens, reimagined food and beverage operations, new VIP hospitality areas, additional restrooms, and much more.
- Phase 1: Construction was completed for Summerfest 2019. Crews successfully raised the roof of the American Family Insurance Amphitheater to almost twice the height of the current roof, from 39 feet to 65 feet! See the timelapse video and learn more about the lift here. The backstage building was also be rebuilt, offering new artist amenities.
- Phase 2: The second phase of work has begun. Coming your way in time for Summerfest 2020:
- New concourses with spectacular views of the city and Lake Michigan
- New seating bowl with improved sightlines
- More bathrooms – specifically doubling the number of women’s
- One-of-a-kind hospitality offerings creating a VIP experience
- Accessibility improvements
- Private VIP areas featuring bars, lounge areas, and restroom access
The grand opening of the new American Family Insurance Amphitheater is scheduled for Summerfest 2020.