American Family Insurance Amphitheater
The Amphitheater today…
Today, the current 23,000-seat American Family Insurance Amphitheater hosts the music industry’s hottest stars during Summerfest. Providing excellent sound, lighting and large video screens, every seat in the house gives fans an unforgettable live music experience. Fans must purchase separate tickets to American Family Insurance Amphitheater shows during Summerfest.
Be the first to get pre-sale codes to Amphitheater shows, access to special deals, and more! Sign up for the Summerfest Insider Newsletter.
Grand Opening 2020
The new American Family Insurance Amphitheater will feature a new seating bowl configuration and raised stage to allow for better sightlines, enhanced accessibility, expanded concourses, new video screens, reimagined food and beverage operations, new VIP hospitality areas, additional restrooms, and much more.
- Phase 1: Construction was completed for Summerfest 2019. Crews successfully raised the roof of the American Family Insurance Amphitheater to almost twice the height of the current roof, from 39 feet to 65 feet! See the timelapse video and learn more about the lift here. The backstage building was also be rebuilt, offering new artist amenities.
- Phase 2: The second phase of work has begun. Coming your way in time for Summerfest 2020:
- New concourses with spectacular views of the city and Lake Michigan
- New seating bowl with improved sightlines
- More bathrooms – specifically doubling the number of women’s
- One-of-a-kind hospitality offerings creating a VIP experience
- Accessibility improvements
- Private VIP areas featuring bars, lounge areas, and restroom access
The grand opening of the new American Family Insurance Amphitheater is scheduled for Summerfest 2020.